LOOKING FOR A MUSIC TEACHING OPPORTUNITY?
Position Description: Music Teacher
Tucson Youth Music, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit dedicated to music education for Tucson’s underserved youth ages 6-18, is looking for part-time music education teachers for cello, clarinet, saxophone, and trumpet.
These appointments are part-time, contract positions. Lessons generally occur in the mid- to late-afternoon, Monday through Thursday and on Saturday. TYM holds classes at two locations – at the Tucson Mall and at a Warehouse on E. 17th Street.
Although teaching schedules depend on teacher availability, a typical schedule includes two to three classes per week. Lessons are 30-45 minutes long. Teachers are compensated based primarily on experience and education.
Successful Candidates will:
• Be accomplished musicians in their instrument(s) of choice.
• Be well-versed in music genres and styles.
• Plan and implement engaging lesson plans for group or private instruction, from beginner to advanced, as appropriate.
• Deliver lessons in a manner that follows generally accepted music education guidelines.
• Teach proper technique, repertoire, sight-reading, music theory, ear-training, performance, and improvisation.
• Create an enjoyable learning environment to inspire young minds.
• Create student performance opportunities including end-of-semester recitals.
• Evaluate and document student progress.
• Help students expand their horizons and grow in their appreciation of music.
Minimum Qualifications: • Pursuing or have graduated with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in music education, music performance, or specific instrument.
• Possess a genuine love for music. • Experience in teaching music fundamentals.
• Familiarity with a variety of teaching methods.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills. • Show a high degree of patience. • Familiarity with the use of technology in music education. • Work well with children.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in music or related field.
• 2-3 years’ teaching experience.
• Experience teaching children ages 6-18.
• Appreciation of music pedagogy.
If you would like to explore a teaching opportunity with TYM, please send a cover letter indicating your interest, years of experience teaching children, and curriculum vitae to [email protected] – SUBJECT LINE: MUSIC TEACHER APPLICATION. This position will require a fingerprint/background check and online training.
Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.